Registration for a workshop will be confirmed by payment via our website.
Refunds and cancellations
If you need to cancel your registration, please give us a minimum of 48 hours notice to receive a full refund minus an administrative fee of $10. If you cancel less than 48 hours before the scheduled workshop, no refund will be given – the full amount is non-refundable.
Once the refund is issued, it cannot be cancelled. You will receive the funds 5-10 business days later.
Last updated: November 15, 2020
How we collect personal data
Communication with Edified Projects
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. The Personal Data that you provide directly to us through our Sites and Services will be apparent from the context in which you provide the data. In particular:
- Your name and contact information is stored in a secure database for workshop registration purposes. We use Google Workspace for Business to store our participant information. More information on Google’s security can be found here, including it’s certifications and audits (ISO/IEC 27001, 27017, 27018; SOC 2 and 3; HIPAA).
- When you contact Edified Projects, we collect your full name, email, and anything else you tell us about your project, needs, and timeline.
- When you respond to Edified Projects emails or surveys, we collect your email address, name, and any other information you choose to include in the body of your email or responses.
- If you contact us by phone, we will collect the phone number you use to call us. We may collect additional information, such as your full name, in order to verify your identity.
- As a Customer of a Stripe User (Edified Projects), when you make payments or conduct transactions through a Stripe User’s website or application or device, Stripe will receive your transaction information directly from you. This information is not retained in Edified Projects records or databases. The information that Stripe collects will include payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method. Different payment methods may require the collection of different categories of information. When you make a transaction, Stripe may also receive your name, email, billing or shipping address and in some cases your transaction history to authenticate you.
- When you use the “Remember Me” feature of Stripe Checkout, Stripe collects your email address, payment card number, CVC code, and expiration date.
Information collected automatically on our website
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the Sites you are visiting;
- Usage data, such as time spent on the Sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our Sites.
We use Google Analytics on our website to help us analyze your use of our website and diagnose technical issues.
How we use personal data
We do not sell or rent the Personal Data of our clients or our website visitors.
We use Personal Data to facilitate the business relationships we have with our clients, to comply with our financial regulatory and other legal obligations, and to pursue our legitimate business interests. We also use Personal Data to complete payment transactions and to provide payment-related services to our clients. Activities include:
- Accounting, auditing, and billing activities;
- Processing payments with Stripe Checkout, communications regarding such payments, and related customer service;
- Monitor, prevent and detect fraud and unauthorized payment transactions;
- Mitigate financial loss, claims, liabilities or other harm;
- Respond to inquiries, send service notices and provide customer support;
- Promote, analyze, modify and improve our products, systems, and tools, and develop new products and services; website and services by understanding their effectiveness and optimizing our digital assets;
- Analyze and advertise our products and services;
- Conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of, our business;
- Share Personal Data with third party service providers (ex. Slack, Zoom, Google Workspace) that provide services on our behalf and business partners which help us operate and improve our business;
- Ensure network and information security;
We may send you email marketing communications about our products and services, invite you to participate in our events or surveys, or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes, provided that we do so in accordance with the consent requirements that are imposed by applicable law. For example, when we collect your business contact details through workshops or other events, we may use the information to follow-up with you regarding an event, send you information that you have requested on our products and services.
We share Personal Data with a limited number of our service providers. We have service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as identity verification services, website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require such service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf. Our service providers are predominantly located in the United States of America.
Compliance and harm prevention
We share Personal Data as we believe necessary: (i) to comply with applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our contractual rights; (iii) to protect the rights, privacy, safety and property of Edified Projects, you or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
a. Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails or by replying to an email with the word “unsubscribe”. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our Services.
b. If You would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that you have previously disclosed to us, You may do so by contacting us.
c. Your data protection rights. Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the Personal Data we control about you:
- The right to request confirmation of whether we process Personal Data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal Data;
- The right to request that we rectify or update your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- The right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances provided by law;
The right to request that we restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as while we consider another request that you have submitted (including a request that we make an update to your Personal Data); and
- The right to request that we export to another company, where technically feasible, your Personal Data that we hold in order to provide Services to you.
Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
d. Process for exercising data protection rights. In order to exercise your data protection rights, you may contact us. We take each request seriously. We will comply with your request to the extent required by applicable law. We will not be able to respond to a request if we no longer hold your Personal Data. If you feel that you have not received a satisfactory response from us, you may consult with the data protection authority in your country.
For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file. If we no longer need to process Personal Data about you in order to provide our Services or our Sites, we will not maintain, acquire or process additional information in order to identify you for the purpose of responding to your request.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of Personal Data. We maintain organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data within our organization against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. Your Personal Data is only accessible to a limited number of personnel who need access to the information to perform their duties. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
We retain your Personal Data as long as we are providing the Services to you. We retain Personal Data after we cease providing Services directly or indirectly to you, to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention. We also retain Personal Data to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain the data by our contractual commitments to our financial partners, and where data retention is mandated by the payment methods that we support. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
Our Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal Data.
Updates to the Terms and Conditions
We may change this policy from time to time to reflect new services, changes in our Personal Data practices or relevant laws. The “Last updated” legend at the top indicates when this policy was last revised. Any changes are effective when we post the revised policy. We may provide you with disclosures and alerts by posting them on our website and by contacting you through your email address.