Below are some reflection questions, which we are using in the 30 Day Engagement challenge for National Indigenous History Month. I’ve used these with teams as a lighthearted way to connect authentically – and introduce Indigenous ways of knowing – in virtual settings. They are centred around the four key areas of the medicine wheel: the Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Spiritual aspects of ourselves.
- How are you doing today physically? Please share an emoji.
- What is your favourite way to stay moving in these times? Feel free to recommend social media accounts that inspire you!
- Thinking about our connection to others, who is one person you’re grateful for this week? If you’re open to sharing, please share why!
- Spiritual: Thinking about your connection to all living things, what’s your favourite tree or flower?
- Our brains are pretty “on” all day. What is one way you relax your mind at the end of the day so you rebuild your thinking capacity?
- What is one thing you do to relax your mind on the weekend that any of us could do?
- Thinking about showing acceptance and love for ourselves, what is one word to describe your favourite quality about yourself?
- Which of the 4 areas (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual) are you doing well in?
If you have other ideas, feel free to comment them below to add to this list!